TCI has an immediate need for a Systems Infrastructure Analyst in Louisville, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our Client is a Top 10 Global legal services provider with international credentials which makes them a major force in the global legal marketplace. Formed by the combination of two firms – one based in the US and the other based in Europe, our client’s fundamental values include Clients come first, Excellence in all we do, One team worldwide, Commitment to our firm’s success and Good citizenship.
The Systems Infrastructure Analyst will be part of the Information Technology Department that is responsible for the implementation, provision and support of all Information and Technology services within the firm. The department is a business services function that supports and contributes to the company objectives. Members of this department are expected to fit into the company’s culture and be committed to providing a high quality of service to our customers.
The Infrastructure Analyst is responsible globally for the design, development, management, architecture, operation and full life cycle of all Information Infrastructure. This includes, but not limited to, SQL configuration and performance, web application infrastructure and support, SharePoint architecture & infrastructure, reporting infrastructure and system patching whether hosted on premises or in third-party locations operating under contracts with client.
- Provide third-line support to a rich array of high-profile legal and information systems which are fundamental to the client.
- Proactive management and analysis of the global server estate which encompasses SQL, web, SharePoint, integration, and reporting servers.
- Daily monitoring and optimization, adhering to Microsoft best practice guidelines, to ensure all servers and environments are performing to their optimal ability.
- Implementing and facilitating change control requests. This will include following application lifecycle methodologies to ensure all development and UAT environments are kept aligned with production systems.
- Ensuring in-house documentation, including blog and wiki's are kept up-to-date when any architectural changes across the server estate are implemented.
- Assist in architecting, implementing, and maintaining custom alerting solutions which will assist with proactive system management.
- Deep-dive technical troubleshooting when issues are escalated by support functions.
- Technology and system innovation to ensure current systems are kept up-to-date and within software and hardware supported guidelines and recommendations.
- Proactively identify opportunities to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Working collaboratively with other business services teams with a focus on prompt delivery in a rapidly changing environment whilst working under pressure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) + years of experience working in a medium-to-large networked domain environment, with a broad range of IT skills including SQL DBA experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Microsoft certifications in SQL Server or SharePoint Server desired, but not essential.
- Experience working with core Microsoft technologies including SQL Server, IIS, and SharePoint with a strong holistic Wintel appreciation.
- Customer-oriented experience in a global environment.
- Proven ability to drive and execute processes and standard procedures to improve operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Extensive administration understanding of all SQL Server relational database management; Ability to query databases uses T-SQL and troubleshooting scripting issues.
- Strong understanding of SQL analysis services, reporting services, and integration services.
- Knowledge of all native SQL high-availability and disaster recovery options (Always On, mirroring, replication, and log shipping).
- Ability to perform SQL server migrations across environments - adhering to best practices
- Management, configuration, and optimization of IIS web servers; Deep understanding of highly-available Web Farm topologies.
- Ability to support SharePoint Server 2007, 2010, and SharePoint 2013; Experience with SharePoint Central Administration and native service applications.
- SharePoint architectural experience, including site collection creation and administration.
- Ability to construct PowerShell scripts to manage SQL Server and SharePoint.
- Experience with any third-party monitoring tools for SQL Server and/or SharePoint.
- Knowledge of working with NLB devices, preferably Big-IP f5.
- Articulate and conversant, with the confidence to take on tasks thoroughly without full supervision.
- Strong time-management skills – ability to prioritize in accordance with business requirements and perform well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness; Flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrate professionalism to support a culture of integrity within the team; Creates positive working relationships throughout the firm and beyond.
- Uphold professionalism with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Genuine passion for technology, particularly with SQL Server; Appreciation of current and forthcoming versions.
- Exceptional analytical skills and mind-set; Ability to investigate and decipher within structural processes.
- Ability to research and analysis information and make recommendations based on relevant evidence.
- Embrace change, supports the vision and demonstrates commitment to change.