TCI has an immediate need for a Sr. Statistical Analyst in Louisville, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence. No C2C available.
This is a very unique work opportunity. Our Client is one of the world’s leading financial institutions that focuses on customer centric experiences both online and in store. With a growing number of locations and multiple financial products our client offers a multitude of career paths for future growth.
The Sr. Statistical Analyst has oversight responsibility for all aspects of model risk including model governance, model validation and model performance monitoring. This position will use statistical methods to collect, analyze and report data pertaining to independent model validations of our third party relationships and any other programs pertinent to continuous process improvement and operational initiatives.
- Perform independent model validation and effective challenge for the variety of models that developed by Model Development team.
- Establish and maintain independent model validation standards and procedures.
- Interpret model validation test results and establish required action plans with model owners/ developers and provide value-added recommendations to model owners/ developers.
- Interact with the external regulators and internal auditors to demonstrate the operational soundness and effectiveness of the model validation processes.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date high quality standardized model validation documentation.
- Create periodic analytical and status update presentations and reports for senior management, executive committees, and board of directors.
- Present validation results and findings to the Model Governance Committee and assist in developing analyses materials for the Committee as requested.
- Keep up to date with regulations, regulatory exam requirements, and regulatory guidance and create distilled presentations for the senior management.
- Proactively identify emerging model risk issues impacting the company and communicate to model developers, senior management and the Model Governance Committee.
- Know compliance responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area(s) of responsibility, incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures. Perform periodic self-assessments including corrective action as needed and assure appropriate training to associates regarding these responsibilities and procedures.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or other quantitative discipline required. Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in building, testing, implementing and validating complex and sophisticated econometric and statistical models required.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of finance, economics, and probability theories.
- Extensive technical abilities in the areas of data manipulation, predictive modeling, and descriptive analysis required.
- Proficient in statistical software such as SAS, SPSS or other statistical modeling tools.
- Experience with enterprise data warehouses.
- Strong software development experience and understanding of programming language.
- Extensive knowledge in building data sets, data models and decision engines required.
- Knowledge of subprime market is a plus.
- Ability to present statistical analysis to non-technical users in a format that is relevant to and supports management decisions.
- Capability of working effectively with others.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner.