TCI has an immediate need for a Jr Data Engineer in Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the probability of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent Contract-to-Hire opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
This Jr Data Engineer will analyze data business procedures and problems to refine data throughout the data quality management lifecycle.
- Analyzes, designs, and implements accurate, secure, efficient, logical, and physical databases.
- Coordinates database development applying knowledge of database standards and support of database management systems.
- Identifies and resolves production and/or application development problems that relate to the use of the database management systems.
- Reviews project requests describing database user needs.
- Studies existing systems to evaluate effectiveness, and develops new systems to improve production and/or workflow as required.
- Provides decision-making, problem-solving, process improvement, requirements analysis, and attention to detail expertise while performing data analyst and data quality management efforts.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of the data.
- Maintains complex databases on access methods, availability, validation checks, quality control, security, documentation, and statistical analysis methods.
- Provides functional requirements for database programming and supports systems design; to include maintenance of metadata and database dictionaries.
- Applies knowledge and experience to database technologies, analysis methodologies, and front-end/back-end programming languages.
- 2+ years of experience in the IT field.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and data management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirement.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Excellent skills in requirements gathering and test case documentation.
- Strong skills using Microsoft office tools to analyze and communicate including Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience writing reports, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and other documentation for a variety of audiences, from senior management to technical team members.
- Comfortable working both independently with stakeholders, customers, technical representatives, and under direction of project and program managers.
- Must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. (TCI will assist with the application process or transfer of clearances.)
- Must possess a CompTia Security+ Certification or have the ability to obtain prior to start. TCI will assist as necessary.