TCI has an immediate need for a Senior MVS Mainframe Systems Engineer at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extensions and possible hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Senior MVS Mainframe Systems Engineer will be responsible for accomplishing and performing installation and maintenance of applications in support of the US Army Enterprise, Datacenters, Application and Web Infrastructure.
- Manage hardware issues with vendors
- Create and maintain the IOCP (Input Output Channel Program) for mainframe environments:
- Primary processing site
Administer the HMC as to user management and availability:
- Maintain required software patches
- Control Language(JCL) and have strong knowledge of MVS, IBM 3000, TSO, VTS, SMS,
- Provide operations services and support 24 hours a day, by 7 days a week (24/7/365);
- Respond to all system failures at time of failure and work with support teams or vendors to minimize downtime;
- Provide technical support to the user community as well as operations, production control and applications programming. To include furnishing solutions to issues arising from processing in the mainframe environment.
- Provide mentoring, advice and skill set knowledge to other members of the contract team as needed.
- Maintain z/OS system software through upgrades and application of maintenance using the IBM ServerPac software and SMP/e.
- Install, configure and maintain the automation product (OPS/MVS) for controlling the operating system and associated tasks.
- Install and configure other software, IBM and OEM, through upgrades and application of maintenance using SMP/e and any other vendor prescribed method.
- Facilitate the implementation of DISA STIG requirements.
- Monitor the mainframe to keep unlicensed and unauthorized software from executing on the mainframe processor.
- 5+ years of experience Mainframe MVS system admin
- 2+ years of experience with IBM z/OS, MVS, HMC, CA Roscoe, CA Datacom, software for job scheduling and management
- MVS, JES2 commands, IBM 3000 ,TSO, VTS, and SMS
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related fields is preferred.
- Candidate must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with clearance applications and/or transfers.
- Disaster Recovery experience, knowledge of computer room operations, Hardware installation support and some understanding of IP communications is required.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Security + Certification before start date. (Assisted by TCI when necessary).
- Secondary related certification relevant to the computing environment (i.e. z/OS IBM System z and z/OS Fundamentals Mastery).