TCI has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer in Herndon, VA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a 6 month Contract-to-hire opportunity. This position requires US Citizenship and a current DoD Top Secret Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent Contractor-to-Hire opportunity with our government/military sector client in Herndon, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for system requirements, system design, system validation and verification, and Level 3 factory support of fielded data center systems, factory test systems, and internal R&D systems. The Systems Engineer will also perform multiple project scheduling and technical guidance, mentorship, and leadership of junior engineers and technicians.
- Support management and customers in proposals, technical meetings, and milestone activities.
- Evaluate complex requirements based on contracts, technical specifications, and customer briefings to define system requirements and develop organized actionable tasks.
- Determine individual equipment, technology, and protocol suitability for system integration.
- Develop and evaluate trade spaces for alternative approaches and solutions.
- Develop and present system-level diagrams, briefings, and technical presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Validate systems documentation; documentation includes rack drawings, system interconnects, power tables, site-wide system installation plans, sparing plans, and operations manuals.
- Develop and maintain technical schedules, LOE estimates, and BOM estimates.
- Validate and verify systems-level connectivity for operations, to include servers, management appliances, local area networking equipment, and wide area networking equipment.
- Develop, execute, and update test plans in support of factory, site, and ad hoc test milestones; includes goals, architecture, environment, and validation of test procedures.
- Provide Level 3 factory support to fielded systems and lab systems; define OEM/vendor contract orders.
- Define features, capabilities, and changes to vendor/OEM equipment for future systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or IT related field.
- 5+ years of networking experience.
- Experience with Command Line Interface (CLI) on networking appliances and servers
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Must possess a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. (TCI will assist with the application process or transfer of clearances.)
- Experience with encryption devices and Wide Area Networking (WAN) protocols to include ATM and SONET.
- Experience with Infiniband protocol.
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification.