TCI has an immediate need for a Network Technician (Defense Red Switch) in Ft. Greely, Alaska. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extension and possible hire. This position requires a current DoD Top Secret Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Ft. Greely, Alaska. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) Technician will be responsible for Operating and Maintaining the Digital Small Switch 2-A (DSS-2A) and perform troubleshooting, fault isolation, and repair of DRSN equipment and Integrated Services Telephones (IST) devices.
- Perform maintenance on DRSN equipment to include replacement of circuit cards or major subassemblies.
- Perform component level work (down to the lowest replaceable unit (LRU)) as necessary.
- Perform all Operations and Maintenance (O&M) actions per IAW Defense Information System Network (DISN) DRSN O&M Guide and Technical Manuals.
- Maintain a Master Station Log IAW DISA Circular 310-D70-30, chapter 12.
- Perform database management to include telephone number changes, hotline changes, conference changes, routing changes, etc. as directed by MDA telephone control officer (TCO), DISA, or COR.
- Perform Crypto device updates and perform CRO duties.
- Operate Enhanced Command Consoles (ECC).
- Performance Preventive Maintenance.
- Perform refresher and familiarization training on the IST, Touch Screen Executive Telephone (TXP), Digital Small Switch – 2A (DSS-2A), ECTOCRYPT, ECC, SPARC Workstation (Maintenance Console), Miniaturized Dual-Function Adapter (MDA), Digital Phone Multiplexer (DPM), Universal Digital-Loop Transceiver Multiplexer (UMUX), KIV-19M, and other related DRSN user equipment for all DRSN users/subscribers as required by the Government.
- May be asked to perform maintenance on SATCOM equipment to include AN/GSC-52A Satellite Communication terminals after sufficient OJT.
- May be asked to perform Operator Maintenance on HVAC, Generator, and assist with HEMP Power System (HPS) maintenance after sufficient OJT.
- Maintain Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE).
- Perform ancillary training tasks.
- Minimum 3 to 6 years of experience in an Information Technology role.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) is required.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and presentation skills; as well as the ability to coordinate activities across multiple organizations.
- Business/interpersonal skills to include client management, team building, research, motivational ability, and public speaking.
- Must possess a current CompTia Security+ Certification with continuing education or have the ability to obtain one prior to start.
- Must currently possess a Top Secret (TS/SCI) Security Clearance.
- Sufficient knowledge of telephone equipment, Digital Central Office (DCO) equipment, operating principles, practices, procedures, and concepts in order to operate and maintain the DRSN equipment and to ensure that adaptations, modifications, or expansions to the installed telephone system are IAW established procedures, precedents, or specifications.
- Attended and passed the DRSN course for SDS, RSU, DSS-2, or DSS-2A and database maintenance.
- Knowledge of computer data transmission equipment and systems, Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN), T-1, and Packet switched data over private and public switched networks.
- Have 3 – 6 years’ experience in DRSN
- Current with NASA’s system engineering directives and procedural requirements ensuring that system engineering processes are developed, followed, and maintained.
- Experience with projects involving NASA, hardware and software interfaces, and satellite and ground station development/operation.
- Technical skills to include RF communications, spacecraft/satellite communications, and engineering analysis.