TCI has an immediate need for a Database Administrator in Herndon, VA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extension and possible hire. This position requires a current DoD Top Secret Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Herndon, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
Data Modeler will be responsible for development and optimization of the geospatial Metadata Application Profile (MAP) to form the core metadata for content ingest, query and retrieval for a large, complex enterprise search system. This candidate will be working with the Data Architect to lead the efforts of translating business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models using various established metadata standards (NMF, DDMS, Dublin-core, etc.)
- Creating system logical and physical data models to meet requirements, applying the Data Modeling Standards, logical and physical Data Naming Conventions appropriate for specific back-end databases.
- Modifying and enhancing existing system data model with appropriate data types and sizes of data fields.
- Documenting definitions for all new data model constructs as well as data model enhancements in a standard document.
- Creating a mapping matrix describing the correlation between the data elements in the two system data models
- Developing data mappings for reports, to correlate data elements on reports to tables/fields in the underlying physical data model
- Performing analysis of system data to identify patterns, exceptions and erroneous data
- Creating high-level process models (activity hierarchy diagrams, data flow diagrams, workflow diagrams, system interface diagrams) to represent business processes for the area under analysis
- Conducting/attending requirements definition meetings with end users and document system/business requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or appropriate discipline and related technical experience.
- 3+ years of experience with hands-on data modeling expertise with relational databases - both logical and physical data models - including detailed knowledge of normalization techniques, forward-engineering and reverse-engineering techniques
- Experience in modeling large-scale (100+ entities) relational data models
- Familiarity with various process modeling techniques (activity hierarchy diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence diagrams, workflow diagrams, system interface diagrams)
- Experience with working with technical staff to understand problems with databases and develops specifications to resolve them.
- Experience with troubleshooting techniques to correct database problems and to proactively maintain the health of database systems
- Advanced knowledge in database design to produce sound logical and physical data models.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and noSQL coding techniques to code stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Experience with NMF, DDMS, PUBS, Dublin-core, IC, ISM, NTK, data standards
- Hands- on experience performing data analysis
- Hands-on experience with NGA geospatial data specifications
- Cloud-based systems integration. Including experience deploying applications and services into an Amazon Web Service (AWS) environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand and explain complex information simply and accurately
- SOLR, PostgreSQL, and IDOL