TCI has an immediate need for a System Deployment Specialist in Rome, NY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extension and possible hire. This position requires a current DoD Top Secret Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Rome, NY. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Assist with specification of hardware suitable to meet customer specified SWAP, performance, and scalability requirements.
- Support the specification of Rule Sets defining data-specific security inspection and sanitization requirements.
- Coordinate with customer sites to ensure readiness for system installation, configuration, training, and security accreditation testing.
- Define tests to be executed on-site to ensure installed systems meet documented user requirements.
- Travel to customer sites worldwide to support activities including: 1) site surveys; 2) system installation, configuration, training, functional testing, and security testing; 3) system upgrades; and 4) technical support.
- During on-site system installation, integrate with site infrastructure components such as email servers, file servers, time servers, PKI servers, continuous monitoring systems, VM Servers, and KVM capabilities.
- Support installation and maintenance of systems/network environments to facilitate installation planning, customer training, and Help Desk operations.
- Provide remote Help Desk support to customer sites.
- Perform research on technologies to increase efficiency of system definition, site installation, and technical support operations. Technologies may include, but will not be limited to, system modeling tools, Virtual Machine capabilities, Identity and Access Management (IdAM), High Availability tools, performance optimization tools, and encryption technologies/standards.
- Travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field and 3+ years of experience or Associates Degree and or 7+ years of experience gained through technical training, education or work experience
- 3+ years if experience with basic working knowledge of UNIX OSs (Linux, Solaris), Microsoft Windows, desktop applications (email, file transfer, browsers), computer networking, Virtual Machine technologies, and UNIX scripting.
- Candidates with extensive Systems backgrounds and a desire/availability to “travel the world” are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Advanced working knowledge of UNIX OSs (Linux, Solaris), Microsoft Windows, desktop applications (email, file transfer, browsers), computer networking, Virtual Machine technologies, UNIX scripting, XML technologies/tools, Active Directory, MS Exchange, and system integration, network troubleshooting, regular expressions, and system troubleshooting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Cross Domain Solution (CDS) architectures, fielding, and approval policies is highly beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Understanding of software development processes sufficient to support collaboration with software engineering teams developing future product capabilities to better meet customer requirements.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as either a team member or team lead.