TCI has an immediate need for a Mainframe Systems Programmer at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extensions and possible hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Mainframe Systems Programmer will be responsible for accomplishing and performing installation and maintenance of applications in support of the US Army Enterprise Mainframe software.
- Responsible for providing Mainframe Administration in an enterprise environment.
- Must be able to provide installation and configuration of third party mainframe software.
- This includes software from multiple vendors. Be able to code required exits to third party software and maintain required software patches.
- Propagate third party software across multiple mainframe environments (DEV, TEST, PROD).
- Must be able to provide support to users of the third party software in regard to use. Maintain support account with vendor for third party software.
- Provide problem resolution services for third party software. Provide required date to vendors in order to resolve issues. Implement vendor supplied fixes.
- Provide 24x7x365 support to the end user community for the third party software. Must be able to implement and maintain a secure environment in compliance with all IA and DoD STIG guidelines.
- Must have sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies
Must have demonstrated innovation and communication of new deliverables and offerings
• Must have led team in the delivery of multiple deliverables across multiple technologies
• Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer’s enterprise
• Must have contributed to the design and application of new tools
• Must possess an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer’s Information Technology (IT) environment. Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals or architectural knowledge to develop solutions
• Ability to work in a multi technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to troubleshooting skills and consulting skills, have ability to summaries prognosis and impact at practice lead level. Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation and can identify up-sell opportunities
• Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns while maintaining depth in core focus area
- Minimum five (5) years of Industry Knowledge.
- Five years’ experience in applications software development projects
- Two years of experience in monitoring and maintaining project schedules
- Must have Lean Six Sigma knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Security + Certification before start date. (Assisted by TCI when necessary).
- Secondary related certification relevant to the computing environment (i.e. z/OS IBM System z and z/OS Fundamentals Mastery).