TCI has an immediate need for a SAN Administrator/System Engineer in Fort Knox, KY. This is a long-term contract that could transition into a salaried role. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please Note: This particular position requires US Citizenship due to the necessary DoD background check and clearances that must be obtained.
We are offering an excellent Contractor-to-Hire opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The SAN Administrator / System Engineer will be responsible for providing comprehensive SAN Administration in an enterprise environment.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspects of the of the SAN architecture.
- Perform optimization and performance testing; provide technical support for incident response and reporting.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Must be able to implement and maintain a secure Linux server environment.
- 3+ years of technical experience administering a SAN in an enterprise environment.
- Industry related certification is required (such as CNDA, VMWare, etc)
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. (TCI will assist with the application process or transfer of clearances.)
- Must possess a CompTia Security+ Certification or have the ability to obtain prior to start. TCI will assist as necessary.