TCI has an immediate need for an Electronic Technician in Waimea, Hawaii. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extension and possible hire. This position requires a DoD Secret Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Waimea, Hawaii. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Electronic Technician will work as a member of a three person rotating shift, responsible for operations and maintenance of two VLBI Antenna Systems located at Kokee Park Geophysical Observatory. The Electronic Technician will assists in all operations, maintenance, and preventative maintenance activities involved at the Observatory.
- Performs routine, non-routine and complex assignments involving all electronic and mechanical systems involved with Antenna Systems and subsystems.
- Identifies and troubleshoots system problems, conducts tests using all types of instruments and test equipment, analyzes results to restore systems, improve performance, and documents and reports results.
- Identifies equipment failures on site and exercises creativity and ingenuity in restoring chains of equipment to operation.
- Assists in workplace and personnel safety by identifying and mitigating risks and intervenes to prevent mishaps.
- Possesses a broad detailed knowledge of electronics, reliable, demonstrates a high standard of personal integrity.
- Implements and ensures adherence to operational, maintenance and organizational procedures and policies. Reviews, edits and recommends changes to related technical and process documentation.
- Ensures secure and positive control of critical resources.
- Monitors technical and professional performance and acts quickly to correct deficiencies. Reports to and advises KPGO management on all related operational and technical matters.
- 6+ years of directly related experience OR an Associate's Degree in a related field plus 2 years of directly related experience. A combination of Military training and/or technical training plus 2 years of related experince will also be considered.
- Must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
- An Associate of Science degree in electronic, computer or networks engineering technology.
- Knowledge of Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI) operations and maintenance is a plus.
- Experience working 24x7 rotating shift.
- Proficient with MS project tools is a plus.
- Experience in network administration.
- CCNA, A+ or other certifications a plus.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Unix, and AutoCAD.