TCI has an immediate need for an Android Software Engineer III in Rome, NY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extension and possible hire. This position requires a current DoD Secret Clearance.
Note: This position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Rome, NY. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for Designing, developing, and testing implementation strategies to realize goals identified by Minimum Viable Product Feature Roadmaps.
- Lead an Android development team to successfully deliver solutions to the field.
- Interface with customers to ensure the program requirements, goals, and schedule are being met.
- Hold a least weekly status reviews with team.
- Participate in biweekly status reviews with customer.
- Lead off-site field testing events and demonstrations.
- Serve as a leader; possess good interaction and communication skills.
- Bachelor degree in a Computer Science field and 6+ years of experience.
- 6+ years of experience with Java development.
- 1+ years of experience with leading a development team in a R&D environment.
- Experience with portable and/or embedded computing environments.
- Experience with database administration tasks.
- Must have a current/valid DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- IntelliJ IDE.
- Android programming.
- Android Studio.
- Git version control system.
- Data Engineering.
- RESTful web services.