TCI has an immediate need for a Software Engineer III in Rome, NY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extension and possible hire. This position requires a current DoD Top Secret Clearance/SCI.
Note: This position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Rome, NY. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Lead a Java EE development team to successfully participate in a series of Limited Technical Experiments
- Interface with customers to ensure the program requirements, goals, and schedule are being met
- Hold a least weekly status reviews with team
- Participate in biweekly status reviews with customer
- Designing, developing, and testing implementation strategies to realize goals identified by Minimum Viable Product Feature Roadmaps
- Lead off-site field testing events and demonstrations
- Serve as a leader; possess good interaction and communication skills
- Travel up to 20%
- Bachelor degree in a Computer Science field and 7+ years of experience
- 7+ years of experience with Java EE development
- 1+ years of experience with leading a development team in a R&D environment
- 3 years of experience with cross-domain computing environments
- 3 years of experience with database administration tasks
- Java programming
- Eclipse IDE
- Data Engineering
- Git version control system
- RESTful web services
- A strong analytical and problem solver with excellent verbal and written communication skills