TCI has an immediate need for a Network Engineer (CCNP) in Ft Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probability of extensions. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence due to the DoD Secret Security Clearance requirement.
Our Client is seeking a Cisco Network Engineer primarily responsibility for the configuration, management, support and maintenance of the US Army Recruiting Command Services (RSN) network. VPN troubleshooting experience is a must. This Team provides 24X7 support for all RSN communications equipment (routers, switches, hubs, terminal servers, wireless access points, VPN concentrators, and UPS) and circuits in the network while providing on-call coverage on a monthly rotation cycle.
- Understand communication solutions operating in a large complex enterprise organization under minimum supervision.
- Responsible for evaluating and analyzing the performance of communications services, defining communication baselines and communications service levels for the enterprise.
- Implementation of control and monitoring systems to assist in the evaluation of performance of communications services.
- Provide documentation of the enterprise communications architecture to include drawings, diagrams, operations manuals and other applicable data.
- Can work independently on most efforts.
- Minimum 5 years of Cisco Networking experience.
- CCNA & CCNP certification are required.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field is strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Network operations including design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- LAN switching & routing & Ethernet networks along with IP routing, configuration, troubleshooting of switched & routed networks.
- Strong network technology concepts and experience, especially Ethernet & IP.
- Have an In-depth understanding of software installation and operations.
- Working experience on data communication equipment - Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Cable Testers, Cat Tools scripting a plus.
- Design, development, deployment, problem identification and remediation, and on-going support of a very large WAN Environment.
- Very strong working experience with Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, and Wireless LAN Controllers/Lightweight Access Points.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, fast technology learner and ability to independently perform tasks.
- Excellent communication skills to interface Network Operation Groups, Engineering, customer, vendor and third party personnel.
- Provide engineering planning and management support.
- Determine optimal routing through the network.
- Ability to troubleshoot network performance problems.
- Candidate must possess a Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to get one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring Security Clearances.
- All contractors must have a CompTia Security+ Certification or the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with this as necessary.