TCI has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Administrator (Active Directory) in Carson, CA or Boston, MA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire after 6 months. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client that can be seated in Carson, CA or Boston, MA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Senior Systems Administrator will provide and maintain a robust and resilient infrastructure for DCMA’s authorization and authentication requirements.
- Maintain the enterprise Active Directory environment and resolve any errors therein.
- Provide expertise on Active Directory integration and capacity planning.
- Prepare and present management with reports on system availability and communicate issues and recommended solutions in common terms to non-technical enterprise Active Directory stakeholders.
- Function as a technical resource regarding Active Directory issues to messaging administrators, programmers, web developers, network security engineers, database analysts, field services technicians, network managers, and implementation teams.
- Conduct Windows server administration.
- Provide advanced trouble shooting of WSUS, DNS, DHCP, and IIS.
- Diagnose and resolve production incidents in an analytical and methodical manner.
- Build and maintain partnerships with agency and Active Directory support clients.
- Develop and implement disaster recovery plans for supported systems.
- Hands-on experience administering Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012 in a multi-site and multi-domain organization.
- Knowledge of active directory concepts and configuration-security groups, inherited rights, delegation, OU structure, object types and attributes.
- Ability to create and manage Group Policies including GPO precedence, enforcement and blocking.
- Work successfully in a large team environment, with individual accountability.
- Provide excellent customer service to individual clients and to other team members.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills w/ ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Scripting expertise on Windows Server 2008 – 2012 as well as knowledge of IIS and networking concepts, VPN’ s, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a high availability production environment, load balancers, disaster recovery and encryption.
- Experience with VMware technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of standards and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SMTP, RPC, HTTPS.
- Knowledge of forest to forest trusts.
- Must possess a Secret Security Clearance. TCI is a cleared facility and will assist with transferring clearances.
- All contractors must have a CompTia Security+ Certification within 6 months of start.
- Standard first shift hours Mon-Fri. Occasionally need to work alternate shifts to accommodate World Wide Operations.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerShell scripting.
- Preferred knowledge in domain migrations & consolidation.
- Knowledge of Quest/Dell Active Directory management and migration products a plus.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP designation is a plus.
- Ability to lead and motivate others and work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to participate and drive customer meetings.
- Strong design and architectural background, and demonstrated success in this area in previous work.
- Experience with developing and measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for various business applications and services.