TCI has an immediate need for a Network Engineer in Findlay, OH. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with possible extensions. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note: This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence
Our enterprise level client is the fourth largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation and the first largest presence in the entire Midwest. Our client is looking for candidates who seek a lifelong career opportunity with a very profitable company currently experiencing growth within the oil and gas industry. Contract job opportunities could lead to a permanent position with the company for the proven individual. Our client offers cross training opportunities throughout their business structure. IT is a key asset which used in every business unit to drive efficiency and profitability. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a leader in the industry.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for planning, designing, and supporting the data and IP-based voice network infrastructure. The Network Engineer is part of an enterprise network and unified communication team that works collaboratively with other IT infrastructure, IT application, and end-user teams.
- Lead and participate in the development of enterprise data network solutions as well as the implementation, administration, and Tier III operational support of the associated technologies.
- Cisco routing and switching experience is required in LAN and WAN technologies associated with wired networks, wireless networks, data center networks, hardware, and software. Requirements also include a working knowledge of Cisco IP Telephone systems and Voice over IP.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in wired network and wireless network technologies for the Company and Company’s managed service providers.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, and communication of strategies and roadmaps for the Company's network and IP Telephony (IPT) infrastructure with tactical steps to achieve that vision.
- Analyze a business problem into its component parts and determine how each part interacts with or impacts the other parts.
- Identify conflicts between data and voice network infrastructure requirements that support business processes.
- Provide Tier 3 operational support, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Company’s Cisco LAN, WAN, Data Center, Wireless LAN network environments.
- Provide operational support and knowledge transfer to tier I & II support teams.
- Support the identification, collection, and documentation of metrics and performance reporting processes.
- Attend meetings, provide weekly activity updates and progress reporting
- 5+ years of related work experience in a Cisco environment.
- Cisco network certification(s) is strongly desired.
- Solid experience/knowledge with network management, operational, performance, and capacity reporting, and ticketing systems.
- Technical experience relevant to Cisco network hardware operating systems and configurations
- Cisco LAN and WAN internetworking including routing, switching, sub-netting, Quality of Service, VLANs, VRFs, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, TACACS.
- Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, and 2000 data center hardware and software.
- Cisco Prime network management system
- Cisco Wireless LANs, wireless bridges, access points, wireless LAN controllers.
- Working knowledge of DNS, firewalls, intrusion detection, Virtual Private Network (VPN), network security, VMware, WAN Optimization, Load Balancers, and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Deployment and configuration of VoIP, Cisco IP Telephony systems and voicemail systems features and service including.
- Cisco Call Manager 9.x or greater is a plus.
- Telecommunication Carrier vendor support and escalation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel (Internal and External).
- Some travel to other facilities may be required (10%).
- Flexibility to assist in urgent issues after normal working hours, weekends, and holidays may be required. Participation in an on-call rotation with Network Team.