TCI has an immediate need for a MAC Workstation Specialist in Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the probability of extensions and possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The MAC Workstation Development Specialist will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, constructing, testing, and implementing portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of current workstation software development life cycle methodology.
- Participates on project teams in the implementation of developed software products.
- Design and implement data migration strategies.
- Collects, identifies, defines, and organizes detailed user and information technology requirements into deliverable end products.
- Coordinates and collaborates with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations.
- Assists in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and peripheral products based on customer need.
- Prepares appropriate installation, end user and system documentation.
- Establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents.
- Analyzes and recommends changes and improvements to existing standards.
- Experience with MAC OS, Office 2003, XML (Extensive Markup Language), Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB, MQ series, SOAP, WebLogic.
- Fundamentally sound in networking concepts and protocols (DNS, DHCP, Email, VPN, Routing, Switching, TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, UDP, ICMP, NetBIOS).
- Ability to isolate the cause/effect and prioritize performance problems.
- Interacts with customers to resolve problems.
- Knowledge of application packaging and customization.
- Experience with disk imaging utilities.
- Knowledge of visual Basic (VB), Autoit and scripting skills.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Management Software.
- Knowledge of database structure/design (SQL, Oracle).
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Security + Certification before start date. (Assisted by TCI when necessary).
- Must have a secondary certification relevant to computing environment (i.e. Microsoft Certification).
- Candidate must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining and/or transferring clearances.