TCI has an immediate need for a Software Engineer in Herndon, VA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a six month contract opportunity with intent to hire. This position requires a current DoD Secret Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Herndon, VA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Development of new software and integration of existing open-source and commercial software for the provisioning, monitoring and management of distributed high-performance storage and processing cloud.
- Development and integration tasks will span from low-level integration with operating system and application features using C, Python, Ruby, BASH to desktop level monitoring and management tools written in Java.
- The solution includes modern scalable open-source petabyte scale clustered file systems, a DevOps solution based on Puppet, deployment on a cluster of Red Hat Linux servers, a clustered Enterprise Integration Patterns framework based on Apache Karaf, Apache Camel, and Apache Cellar operating in conjunction with a cluster of Wildfly Java EE 7 application servers.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science or appropriate discipline and 6+ years of related technical experience utilizing the required skills listed below.
- 2+ years of experience with basic Linux operating system administration (CentOS/RHEL preferred).
- 2+ years of current Java 1.7/1.8 experience with a depth and breadth of knowledge to include experience with concurrency, generics, functional interfaces, lamdas, and I/O subsystems.
- 2+ years of current Java EE 6 or Java EE 7 knowledge with hands on experience deploying to JBoss/Wildfly containers. Depth and breadth of knowledge to include correct use of annotations for CDI, EJB, JPA, JMS.
- Must possess a current DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher). Candidates with a current DoD Secret Security Clearance must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance after starting this position. TCI will assist with clearance transfers and upgrades.
- Shift schedule is 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Polyglot programming and scripting skills comprising of at least two of Java/Groovy, Python, Ruby, Bash with prior experience utilizing these for system and task automation.
- Fundamental software engineering life-cycle experience. Analysis, design, development, debugging, deployment, automated testing.
- Experience with Puppet or Chef, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, Maven, Junit, Arquillian,
- Experience with any parallel file system Gluster, Luster, Ceph or GPFS.
- Security+ certification or comparable DoD8570 certification.