TCI has an immediate need for a Java Developer in Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extensions and possible hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please Note: This particular position requires US Citizenship due to the necessary DoD background check and clearances that must be obtained.
We are offering an excellent long term contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Java Developer provides support in specialized technology areas that can include, but is not limited to, elements such as: Web design, requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessments, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, or maintenance.
- Assists with strategic or tactical planning to justify, market, or manage the technology needed for successful business operations.
- Support user training, as required.
- Contributes to or develops technical documentation.
- Contribute to technical presentations.
- Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
- Candidate must comply with the standard and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
- 3+ years of software development experience using Java.
- Experience using Red Hat/Lynx.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Application development foundation and general analytical skills.
- Understanding of object oriented programming and development.
- Must possess a current Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with obtaining or transferring security clearances.
- All contractors must have a CompTia Security+ Certification or the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with this as necessary.