TCI has an immediate need for a Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a 6 month contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires current DoD Security Clearance. Remote work is a possibility.
We are offering an exciting DoD Contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team.
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- May supervise others.
- 3-5+ years of experience in an Oracle Database Administrator role.
- Must currently possess a valid DoD Secret Security Clearance. TCI will assist with transfers of clearances.
- Must possess a current CompTia S+ Certification.
- Remote work is a possibility.