TCI has an immediate need for a JAVA Software Engineer in Junction, MD. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a six month contract opportunity with intent to hire. This position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Junction, MD. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
As a member of our client’s organization, the JAVA Software Engineer will be integral to transforming the future of technology and solution development for spectrum management throughout the phases of the software development life cycle. Candidates with strong technical, communication, and teamwork skills will thrive in this dynamic and flexible environment working with the latest technologies, architecture patterns and software lifecycle management tools.
- Participate and be responsible for system design, development, integration, and testing of the new Java-based software or provide enhancements to existing software.
- Participate and be responsible for technical trade studies and research efforts.
- Participate in requirements analysis.
- Work with other members of the team to generate creative and innovative solutions to issues.
- Continue developing your technical and leadership skillset as aligned with your career goals.
- Participate and lead performance analysis and performance improvement efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study and 10 + years of related experience.
- 10 + years of design, development, and testing of applications using Java, J2EE and object-oriented programming.
- Expertise in core Java programming including but not limited to: thread safety, reflection, garbage collection, regular expressions, and xml parsing.
- Working knowledge and an ability to write stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Experience with SQL Server, Oracle or other relational databases.
- Experience with web services or Java Messaging Services.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and REST architectures.
- Experience with Model View Controller (MVC) and other design patterns.
- Requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience with GIS systems, in particular Google Earth, NASA World Wind, ArcGIS.
- Experience with OSGi and/or Eclipse plugin development.
- Experience with GWT.
- Experience with .NET technologies.
- Knowledge of RF Communications or Electromagnetic Effects.