TCI has an immediate need for a Jr. Business LAN (BLAN) Server Administrator in Texas City, TX. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our enterprise level Client is the fourth largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation and the first largest presence in the entire Midwest. Our Client is looking for candidates who seek a lifelong career opportunity with a very profitable company currently experiencing growth within the oil and gas industry. Contract job opportunities could lead to a permanent position with the company for the proven individual. Our Client offers cross training opportunities throughout their business structure. IT is a key asset which used in every business unit to drive efficiency and profitability. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a leader in the industry.
The Jr. Business LAN (BLAN) Server Administrator will be responsible for the day to day operations associated with running a stable, mature and technologically advanced Business LAN (BLAN) environment.
- Provide operational and technical support for refinery Business LAN Desktop & Server environments at a 24/7 manufacturing location.
- Must be available as called upon to perform duties during off-hours on occasion as needed. Support of 24/7 Systems may require applicant to be available to respond on-site within ~30 minutes should problems arise.
- This position will require limited work inside the refinery process units.
- Perform server administration primarily on Windows Server/Workstation OS devices.
- Desktop Services fulfillment & Problem tracking, management, and resolution. Ensure desktop inventory & Software license compliance.
- Coordination and/or implementation of hardware and software; ensuring application of corporate standards.
- Activities may also include device backups, anti-virus protection support & response, performance tuning, security additions/changes/removals, security policy management, data access controls, configuration/patch management, risk management documentation, change control administration, database administration, and self-auditing to ensure compliance with standards.
- Interactions with business partners during development, support, and implementation of in-house & 3rd party systems.
- Work collaboratively with multi -disciplinary workgroups to seek solutions to problems, and champion compliance & change efforts which result in improved reliability & security of infrastructure services.
- Participate on BLAN teams for implementing IT strategic initiatives.
- Providing subject matter expertise/consulting services.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in server administration in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
- Environmental LAB support, Lab IT systems, and/or Refinery experience is beneficial.
- Windows 2008/2012 Server OS experience is required.
- MCP training and/or certifications beneficial.
- Experience with Remedy Ticketing system beneficial.
- Must understand business requirements and translate these requirements into solutions.
- Solid written and verbal skills, including basic project management skills.