TCI has an immediate need for a Software Engineer Technical Lead in Annapolis Junction, MD. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity with intent to hire. This position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Annapolis Junction, MD. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the software team including allocating development activities, conducting team meetings, troubleshooting technical issues to ensure project remains on schedule.
- Oversee all aspects of the system design, development, integration, and testing of the software and successfully communicate status, issues and risks to the project manager and customer.
- Coordinate release and sprint planning and conduct daily scrum meetings Create, maintain and track development activities through JIRA, manage sprints and daily standups, track and report progress on weekly basis.
- Provide input to routine status reports to customers and management and support customer status meetings to discuss technical status, risks and issues.
- Develops and delivers formal project technical documentation & artifacts including Software Design Documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study and 10 + years of related experience
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to production
- 5 + years of software technical leadership experience
- Solid technical background with hands-on experience in software development and deployment of secure web technologies
- A working knowledge of defensive programming techniques
- A working knowledge and understanding of DBMS systems, such as Oracle 12c, PostgreSQL, and MySQL
- A working knowledge of design patterns and service oriented architectures
- Proficiency with industry standards and best practices and related tools and technologies
- Proficiency with Agile and Agile-like SDLC
- Experience with continued integration and test-driven development and related tools and technologies
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager
- Excellent organizational, client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A current DoD SECRET Level Clearance
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with mobile technologies and cross-platform development
- Experience with modernization of legacy systems
- Experience with microservices and microservices architectures
- Experience with GIS systems, in particular Google Earth, NASA World Wind, ArcGIS, ThinkGeo or others
- Experience with Hadoop and big data technologies
- Solid understanding of Information Assurance and DoD STIG environment is preferred
- Software technical leadership experience in DoD
- Knowledge of Spectrum Management, RF Communications or Electromagnetic Effects
- Active DoD Secret Level Clearance