TCI has an immediate need for a Java Developer in Findlay, OH. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with possible extensions. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note: This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence
Our enterprise level client is the fourth largest transportation fuels refiner in the Nation and the first largest presence in the entire Midwest. Our client is looking for candidates who seek a lifelong career opportunity with a very profitable company currently experiencing growth within the oil and gas industry. This Java Developer position offers the opportunity to become a part of a large scale application rewrite/enhancement effort that will span over multiple years. The role involves software development, testing, and implementation in support of the needs of the Project Leadership Team.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; analyze system flows, data usage and work processes; investigate problem areas; follow the software development lifecycle.
- Utilize industry standard documentation practices to develop requirements, design solutions and create flow charts.
- Develop clear, concise and well commented code
- Formulate system specifications and standards
- Develop test scripts and conduct all phases of testing
- Articulate information clearly and communicate with project leadership in a professional manner
- Strong written and verbal communication, professionalism, initiative, and interpersonal skills
- Entry to Mid-Level development experience
- Oracle PL/SQL or MS SQL
- Java (preferred) or .NET C#, Java Swing
- C++, MFC (familiarity)
- Experience with Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 10, etc.)
- Familiarity with source control tools (TFS, Get, etc.)
- Experience with various testing approaches (black box testing, white box testing, boundary testing, etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products