TCI has an immediate need for a MicroSoft SQL Database Developer in Nashville, TN. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
The Database Developer performs a senior role in the development organization and will provide technical leadership for assigned projects. Must be results driven with a strong ability to deliver on project commitments and may be assigned to multiple development projects. Must have a demonstrated willingness to seek creative and innovative development solutions that meet or exceed the project business need. Requires a strong technical aptitude, supports project management, ability to mentor developers and experienced in leading developers in day to day tasks. Strong ability to troubleshoot database and software issues that lead to a resolution.
- Responsible for planning and estimating the assigned development effort for complex software development projects. Responsibilities include planning, analysis, design, development, unit testing, and integration testing of small to medium projects as per the Technical Specification.
- Provide database design and development support for projects.
- Designed new database schemas for Projects.
- Evaluate and design dimensional modeling schemas for validity and robustness.
- Create TSQL stored procedures for data loads.
- Designed and implemented processes using T/SQL, dynamic SQL and SSIS.
- Provided database support for customer/client websites. Maintained, developed, and enhanced stored procedures used by clients/customers.
- Provided suggestions to production processes that greatly simplified their operations and maintainability.
- Provide technical assistance to application development teams and technical support analyst.
- Troubleshoot SQL DB performance issues and recommend/implement tuning.
- Understanding of Internet (PCI) security and best practices for development.
- Must have strong analytical abilities, organizational and planning abilities.
- Communicates and enforces coding standards by reviewing/approving work of the team.
- B.S. required in Computer Science, MIS, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in analysis, design, and development of Microsoft software solutions.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience working on small to large projects.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years hands-on experience with ASP.NET, VB.NET, C# .NET, and SQL.
- Experience with Visual Studio (2003, 2005, 2008) and .NET Framework (all versions).
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in SQL Server 2008 & 2012, Active Directory, SSIS/ETL.
- Debugging Skills (SQL Profiler) and Redgate.