TCI has an immediate need for an Systems Engineer/Network Planner in Palm Bay, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possible hire. This position requires a current DoD Top Secret Security Clearance/SCI.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Palm Bay, FL. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
- Systems Engineer with Network Planning Engineering Experience supporting Ground Satellite Operations.
- Expected to contribute to all Enterprise Network engineering activities pertaining to CDRL's, trades, requirements analysis, management & compliance, design milestones (SRR, SDR, PDR,CDR) and test/verification activities
- Strong technical emphasis with responsibility for heavily contributing to the system architecture/definition, CONOPS, Use Cases, Enterprise Network Performance analysis
- Experience with customer and subcontractor technical interfacing
- Responsible for providing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Responsible for analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Must have at least 6 years of experience working on network system architecture, implementation, integration, and test.
- Master’s degree in engineering and a minimum of 4 years of previous experience in system engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and a minimum 6 years of previous experience in system engineering.
- Hands on experience with network devices (Cisco, Juniper, etc).
- Willing to work in lab and field environments.
- Candidate must possess a current DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Enterprise network design/configuration/operation to include Data Centers, and Management Systems
- Domain knowledge of Network Management Systems & NetOps (NetBoss, Tivoli or equivalent)
- Domain knowledge of network technology and protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, LACP, FCoE, Metro Ethernet
- Network Security Technology to include encryption (HAIPE, IPSec, Juniper SRX, Cisco Nexus)
- IA and/or Networking Certifications (CISSP, SEC+, CCNP)
- Communication Systems
- Bare metal and KVM virtual environments (VMware, Ubuntu, RHEL)
- Network Device Configuration and Integration experience (Routers, Firewall, etc)
- Implementing and resolving security configuration associated with operations environments
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with other engineering disciplines
- Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment
- Previous experience with Model Based System Engineering (UML, SysML, DoDAF)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations