TCI has an immediate need for a Technology Support Center Analyst in Louisville, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extensions and possible hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Note: This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our Fortune 500 Energy client is one of the U.S.'s lowest-cost energy providers and an industry innovator, operating in Kentucky. Known for its continuous best-in-class customer satisfaction ratings of all Midwest utilities, our client is also highly ranked among all U.S. utilities for efficiency through operational focus.
The Technology Support Center Analyst will provide daily technical support to all clients who experience technical difficulties while using the various technologies within the infrastructure environment. The Service Desk receives more than 43,000 calls annually. This is a 1st Shift position.
- Regular on time attendance is required for satisfactory performance.
- Perform trouble shooting and problem resolution on technical issues as required.
- Identify and diagnose incidents and assist in coordinating restoration of services with other IT support personnel
- Monitor the health of infrastructure, applications, and data center facilities to identify the impact of IT services on the various business units. With the assistance of senior personnel take corrective action to address alerts and resolve technical issues
- Utilize monitoring tools including Blue Stripe, Net Scout, Microsoft System Center, Commvault, UC4, etc. to help isolate and resolve incidents
- General understanding of user accounts on the network including e-mail. Understands access to various resources on the network. Understands groups and group access to network shares
- Demonstrates soft skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, troubleshooting, and handling Incidents as needed
- Knowledge of department projects that may impact the various lines of business
- Understands how clients and IT are affected by IT services
- Troubleshoot, research, and provide solutions for known problems
- Understand and create troubleshooting documentation to provide accurate resolution of technical issues
- Using an incident tracking application, records, maintains, and with assistance resolves client incidents according to service level agreement
- Research and maintain standard operating procedures and other departmental documents as instructed
- Recommends and implements process improvements within the department and IT organization
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Previous experience with providing technical support in a Help Desk environment.
- Demonstrates soft skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and troubleshooting skills.
- General understanding of user accounts on the network including e-mail. Understands access to various resources on the network. Understands groups and group access to network shares.
- Work schedule is 1st shift; Tuesday - Saturday; 7:30am – 4pm.
- Ability to absorb information, apply conceptual skills in practical applications, Deal with rapid technological change, and good sound judgment and common sense.
- Industry Certification such as A+; Net+ and/or Security+ preferred but not required.