TCI has an immediate need for a Java Software Engineer III in Rome, NY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a 6 month contract opportunity with the probability of extension and possible hire. This position requires a current DoD Top Secret Security Clearance/SCI.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Rome, NY. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Java Software Engineer III will be responsible for supporting a development team through design, development, testing, and demonstration of a cloud-based enterprise information management system.
- Java EE development team member, delivering fieldable solutions to the customer.
- Participate in daily SCRUM standups with team.
- Collaborate with offsite team members within the company and outside groups.
- Participate in biweekly status reviews with customer.
- Design, develop, and test software implementations to realize goals identified by Minimum Viable Product Feature Roadmaps.
- Conduct trade studies among possible solutions through research and prototyping and report the results.
- Travel up to 20%.
- 8+ years of software development experience (14+ years without degree).
- 6+ years of Java EE development.
- 3+ year of RESTful web services development.
- 3+ year of JDBC development for SQL databases.
- 2+ years of technical training course development and presentation.
- Bachelor degree in a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics field is preferred.
- Experience with cloud or other virtualized computing environments.
- Programming for the AWS platform.
- LDAP and/or PKI certificate management.
- Development of XML document handling, transformation, and management.
- Experience in the following technologies: Java, REST, JDBC, SQL, AWS, LDAP, PKI, XML.
- Strong and analytical problem solver.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Must possess a valid Top Secret Security Clearance.