TCI has an immediate need for an Intermediate Level Systems Administrator (Active Directory) in Carson, CA or Boston, MA. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire after 6 months. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client that can be seated in Carson, CA or Boston, MA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Intermediate Level Systems Administrator will provide and maintain a robust and resilient infrastructure for DCMA’s authorization and authentication requirements.
- Conduct Windows server administration to include STIG compliance including checklists, SCAP Scanning, and resolving ACAS Scanning vulnerabilities.
- Perform monthly system maintenance tasks such as patching of servers and resolve vulnerabilities as needed.
- Create and modify PowerShell scripts as needed to streamline the process with some Active Directory functions.
- Schedule, install and test system software upgrades for Domain Controllers and Member Servers within environment.
- Provide and maintain a robust and resilient infrastructure for DCMA's authorization and authentication requirements
- Provide advanced troubleshooting of WSUS, DNS, DHCP, and IIS
- Maintain and support the integrity of the Active Directory environment and various computer systems.
- Function as part of the Active Directory team regarding AD issues to messaging administrators, programmers, web developers, network security engineers, database analysts, field services technicians, network managers, and implementation teams
- Build and maintain partnerships with agency and Active Directory support clients
- Develop, implement and update disaster recovery plans for supported systems
- Must possess at minimum current Active Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570 Compliance to include current CompTIA Security +CE with expiration date no less than 6 months.
- DoD 8570 Compliance with current Vendor Certifications (Microsoft). Preferably MCSE or MCSA.
- Strong Active Directory background, and demonstrated success in this area in previous work
- Have the ability to resolve TIER III level tickets (Master level) within a timely manner based on expertise within Active Directory
- Intermediate level experience managing a large scale Enterprise environment with multiple Domains.
- Intermediate level experience troubleshooting server issues and diagnosing root cause of issue
- Knowledge of virtualization and server consolidation using VMware Virtual Infrastructure and associated tools.
Must have in-depth experience in supporting at an Intermediate Level:
- Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure, including Hands-on experience administering Microsoft Active Directory
- 2008/2012 in a multi-site and multi-domain organization
- Microsoft WSUS infrastructure
- ADFS infrastructure
- DNS infrastructure
- AD Replication
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Group Policies to include WMI Filtering and understanding the importance of Precedence within them.
- Intermediate level experience with Terminal Server (TS) Technology and licensing.
- Must have an understanding of PKI Infrastructure to include DoD Certs and ADFS Infrastructure