TCI has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer III in Palm Bay, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity with intent to hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Palm Bay, FL. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Systems Engineer III will be responsible for providing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Manage engineering subcontractors through regular interactions, development of technical documentation and coordinating design review activities.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Assist with the development of top level specification and manage requirement flow down to lower level specifications.
- Develops statements of work, technical volumes, project plans and schedules, and fee incentives; estimate resource and material needs. Orchestrate artifacts via collaboration among engineering and support staff.
- Develop CONOPS and Use Cases.
- Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Manage risk and opportunity with internal and external customers; work with technical team to identify, mitigate and close program risks.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment; interact, anticipate and respond to customer needs.
- Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- 6+ years of Systems Engineering experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software or Systems Engineering (or similar technical discipline) OR Master's Degree with 4+years of related experience.
- Must possess an Interim or Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with clearance applications and/or transfers.
- C4ISR Systems and Operations experience.
- Requirements managements, traceability, and verification with IBM Rational DOORS.
- Communication Systems experience.
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems, fiber optic media converter systems, data links, RF systems, and Modems.
- Experience with Government contracting, proposal writing, and business acquisition process.
- Apply the Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) process and tools.