TCI has an immediate need for an Electrical Engineer III FPGA Designer in Palm Bay, FL. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity with intent to hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
TCI is offering an excellent DoD Contract opportunity with our government/military sector client in Palm Bay, FL. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Electrical Engineer III – FPGA Designer will work independently as a strong technical leader to lead a team of designers in generating the firmware design solutions.
- FPGA design process including requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test.
- Understand the requirements and architect of HW/FW/SW protocol and subsystem communication bus protocol.
- Designing 10G Ethernet based Network Interface Designs.
- High speed memory interfaces (DDRx).
- High speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, and Ethernet).
- Utilize basic digital logic design concepts (understanding how VHDL code translates into logic primitives within an FPGA); understanding all the architectural elements within Altera or Xilinx FPGA.
- Static timing analysis and the process by which timing closure is achieved in a design.
- Utilize thorough understanding of the Vivado and Quartus tool suite used to generate FPGA designs.
- Work with Cadence Incisive Enterprise Simulator; familiar with Subversion, Python, or Perl Integrating with HW/software and supporting the complete testing and qualification of the deliverable system.
- 6+ years of related work experience (or 8+ years of experience including a Master’s Degree).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering.
- Must possess an Interim or Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with clearance applications and/or transfers.
- Experience designing with Northwest Logic Gen 3 PCIe and 3rd Party DDR3 cores.
- Ability to write C++ and use Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Ability to write Linux driver.
- Ability to work with the System Engineer and flow system specifications down to the FW/SW specifications.