TCI has an immediate need for a Network Administrator at Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent Contractor-to-Hire opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Network Administrator will be responsible for configuration, management, support and maintenance of the US Army network.
- As a member of the Network Support Team, primary responsibilities lie in the configuration, management, support and maintenance of the US Army network. Team provides 24X7 support for all communications equipment (routers, switches, wireless access points, and UPS) and circuits in the network while providing on call coverage on a monthly rotation cycle.
- Will be expected to be the technical subject matter expert on communication solutions operating under minimum supervision for a large complex enterprise organization.
- Will also be responsible for evaluating and analyzing the performance of communications services, defining communication baselines and communications service levels for the enterprise.
- Will be responsible for the implementation of control and monitoring systems to assist in the evaluation of performance of communications services and for the full documentation of the enterprise communications architecture to include drawings, diagrams, operations manuals and other applicable data.
- Must be able to install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspects of the of the Windows architecture.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in an enterprise environment.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable experience.
- LAN switching & routing & Ethernet networks along with IP routing, configuration, troubleshooting of switched & routed networks
- Individual must be fully capable of addressing all levels of trouble calls or network events.
- Strong network technology concepts and experience, especially Ethernet & IP.
- Have an In-depth understanding of software installation and operations.
- Working experience on data communication equipment - Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Cable Testers, Cat Tools scripting a plus.
- Design, development, deployment, problem identification and remediation, and on-going support of a very large WAN Environment.
- Very strong working experience with Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, and Wireless LAN Controllers/Lightweight Access Points.
- Must be able to apply best practices in modifying and securing the network environment to ensure that it meets All Information Assurance requirements.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, fast technology learner and ability to independently perform tasks
- Provide engineering planning and management support.
- Experience with OSPF and MPLS-based infrastructure a plus.
- Must currently possess a DOD SECRET Security clearance.
- Most currently possess a CCNA Certification.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Security + certification before start date.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.