TCI has an immediate need for a Desktop OS Image Administrator / Scripter in Carson, CA. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
TCI is offering an excellent contract opportunity with our Department of Defense client in Carson, CA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Desktop OS Image Administrator / Scripter will serve as the Subject Matter Expert for the purpose of deploying thick and thin client desktop OS solutions and promoting structured software engineering and process improvement initiatives across a distributed virtual desktop enterprise.
The Desktop OS Image Administrator integrates operating system deployment solutions for Enterprise wide rollouts and upgrades and designs and manages baseline image creation for multiple hardware configurations.
- Develop architectural design documentation for desktop hardware, physical and virtual operating systems and management capabilities.
- Perform secure baseline image creation and tailoring of Windows operating system images for specific hardware configurations from a common core baseline.
- Support application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an Enterprise environment.
- Extensively utilize scripting to maximize productivity of platform management as well as for creating packages for patching.
- Maintain platform security and compliance with PCI to protect data and including desktop security patching and management of segmented virtual desktop environment.
- Define, create and test Group Policy updates for desktop OS.
- Utilize standard enterprise tools to develop or implement infrastructure hardware, software or other technical components.
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve routine problems to ensure infrastructure stability.
- 5-8 years of relevant and progressive IT experience including hands on work in an enterprise environment.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Deployment Workbench and the creation of Reference and Deployment images.
- Extensive experience with deploying OS and upgrading OS using SCCM and troubleshooting failed install/upgrades.
- Extensive Microsoft Windows client operating system expertise, including development of tailored images for Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of SCCM, OSD, MDT, WSUS, Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Server (2012 R2 preferred).
- PowerShell Scripting (ability to write new scripts and modify/debug existing scripts).
- Driver identification and injection.
- Direct experience with Dell and HP Hardware.
- Familiarity with BitLocker and escrowing of the BitLocker key to a database.
- Experience in a large, geographically dispersed environment.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must currently possess a DoD Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with Security Clearance application and/or transfers.
- Candidate must currently possess a valid CompTia S+ Certification or have the ability to obtain one prior to start.