TCI has an immediate need for a Flexera FNMS Administrator (Remote) in Carson, CA or Boston, MA. REMOTE WORK IS AVAILABLE. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
TCI is offering an excellent contract opportunity with our Department of Defense client in Boston, MA / Carson, CA. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Flexera FNMS Administrator will Design and implement Enterprise Software License Management.
- This role requires the ability to understand how software can be detected on various systems, both using FNMS and other means of verification (e.g., IBM Big Fix, VMware reports, other datacenter staff/tools).
- Produce software asset metric reports in FNMS, in the contexts of providing an overall metric of success in achieving license compliance for each software product, as well as providing custom reports for key personnel upon request.
- Deriving and verifying contract purchase orders from existing contract documentation, the associated software products for each contract, and the associated license terms for each product, as well as inputting that data into FNMS and verifying accuracy of FNMS reports that are dependent on that data.
- Check all licenses visible in Flexera for issues—i.e., whether those licenses have been created correctly, are associated with the proper purchases, and are functioning correctly in terms of accurately tracking compliance for their associated software products. Remediation must be performed as needed for any issues.
- Process new evidence in FNMS for software on a regular basis, associating it appropriately with various software products, and adjusting license models in FNMS as needed to accommodate new versions of products.
- Verifying FNMS rules for discovery of software products, and, where necessary, maintaining those rules according to Flexera guidelines for FNMS.
- Minimum of 5 years of Administrator experience on Flexera FNMS for software asset management is a must.
- Solid understanding of software contract purchase and license terms, including how license terms may be expressed by the software publisher, the contract writer, and FNMS.
- Must have experience of FNMP installation/upgrades/fix packs and should have lead /executed system upgrades on FNMS.
- Knowledge and hands on experience on Windows/Unix/Linux environment.
- Comfortable working within SQL Management Studio and IIS.
- Must have knowledge on Maintenance/Subscription Renewal, Purchase Request and Procurement Process.
- Proactive communication with the internal team and external end user community.
- Must possess a current Secret Security Clearance or have the ability to obtain on prior to start. TCI will assist.
- Must currently possess a valid CompTia S+ CE certification or have the ability to obtain one prior to start.
- Must possess a secondary industry related certification such as Microsoft MCP or higher.
- REMOTE WORK IS AVAILABLE.