TCI has an immediate need for a Tier II Computer Operator in Millington, TN. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits. Must currently possess an active DoD Clearance (Interim Secret or higher).
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship due to the DoD Secret Security Clearance requirement.
We are offering an excellent opportunity with our government sector client supporting the Navy Personnel Command Information Technology Support Services in Millington, TN. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The Data Center Computer Operator/Systems Monitoring is responsible for technical support services to include operations, network, applications, help desk and hardware maintenance support of the Navy Personnel Command systems. Duties include 24/7 system operation and monitoring of this mission critical system. Shift work is required.
- Quickly analyze problems and implement solutions in a high-stress, time sensitive environment.
- This is a shift position including day, afternoon, or evening start (not yet determined).
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing computer operation/Desktop support.
- Experience with Windows 7 and newer.
- Ability to perform basic UNIX and AIX command line utilization.
- Experience/Knowledge of Remedy Ticketing System.
- Understand, monitor, and perform customer support.
- Demonstrated experience with network, systems and application monitoring/reporting.
- Ability to participate in weekend and Holiday work as required.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Security + certification prior to job start. TCI will assist as necessary.
- Must currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Microsoft Certified Professional Certification (MPC), or other relevant certification such as: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP-SA within the first 6 months from the date of hire.
- Must currently possess an active DoD Clearance (Interim Secret or higher).