TCI has an immediate need for a SQL & Web Administrator in Louisville, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a contract opportunity.
Please note that this position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our Client is a Top 10 Global legal services provider with international credentials which makes them a major force in the global legal marketplace. Formed by the combination of two firms – one based in the US and the other based in Europe, our client’s fundamental values include Clients come first, Excellence in all we do, One team worldwide, Commitment to our firm’s success and Good citizenship.
- Plan, test and help deliver the move of Web & SQL services to consolidated US Data Centres. This will include complete end-to-end analysis of each service to ensure every migration dependency is captured).
- Proactive management and analysis of all SQL services, including those migrated to the new US Data Centre.
- Installation and configuration of new virtualized SQL servers following in-house documentation.
- Ensuring design and architecture of SQL services meets the underlying service level targets.
- Daily monitoring and optimization, adhering to Microsoft best practice guidelines, to ensure all servers and environments are performing to their optimal ability.
- Technology and system innovation to ensure current systems are kept up-to-date and within software and hardware supported guidelines and recommendations.
- Working collaboratively with other business services teams with a focus on prompt delivery in a rapidly changing environment whilst working under pressure.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in a medium to large environment and have a broad range of IT skills.
- Extensive administration understanding of ALL SQL Server relational database management. Ability to query databases using T-SQL and troubleshooting scripting issues.
- Ability to perform Web & SQL migrations across environments, adhering to best practices.
- Solid understanding of Web/IIS severs technologies and how they interact with back-end SQL infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of SQL Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Integration Services.
- Knowledge of ALL native SQL high-availability and disaster recovery options (AlwaysOn, Mirroring, Replication, Log Shipping)
- Ability to perform SQL Server migrations across environments, adhering to best practices.
- Experience with any third-party monitoring tools for SQL Server.
- Experience with load-balancing concepts, including Big-IP F5 would be an advantage.
- Articulate and conversant, with the confidence to take on tasks thoroughly without full supervision
- Microsoft certifications in SQL Server desired but not essential
- Strong time-management skills – ability to priorities in accordance with business requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and methodical at all times.
- Demonstrate professionalism to support a culture of integrity within the team.
- Uphold professionalism with sensitive and confidential matters.
- The candidate should have experience of working in a medium to large networked domain environment and have a broad range of IT skills.
- Experience of working with core Microsoft technologies including SQL Server, IIS and SharePoint Server. Strong holistic Wintel appreciation.
- Customer oriented experience in a global environment.
- Proven ability to drive and execute processes and standard procedures to improve operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.