TCI has an immediate need for a Telecommunications Technician in Lexington, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long-term contract opportunity through December 2019 with possible extensions. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability benefits.
This position requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
Our Fortune 500 Energy client is one of the U.S.'s lowest-cost energy providers and an industry innovator, operating in Kentucky. Known for its continuous best-in-class customer satisfaction ratings of all Midwest utilities, our client is also highly ranked among all U.S. utilities for efficiency through operational focus.
- Responsible for activities associated with technical areas related to VOIP telephony, IP routing and switching equipment, structured wiring systems, microwave and fiber optics transmission equipment, two-way radio equipment, and substation equipment such as remote terminal units, power line carrier, and related equipment.
- Analyze and troubleshoot telecommunications issues, which require moderate resolution.
- Install and maintain telecommunications equipment.
- Understand basic documentation and schematic drawings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or an alternate combination of education and experience which results in the equivalent job knowledge and skills.
- Primarily Cisco phone equipment for general users, Avaya for Call Center
- Five or more years of telecommunications field technical experience (assuming a minimum of a related degree or equivalent technical training in addition to the years of experience), supplemented with continuing education courses/technical seminars in areas related to telecommunications.
- Proficient in two or more of the following: VOIP telephony, structured wiring, microwave and fiber optics transmission requipment, two-way radio equipment, utility telecommuications experience with SCADA, RTUs, Channel Bankds, DACs, power line carrier, IP switching and routing
- This position will be filled at the level appropriate given the successful candidate’s education, experience, and qualifications.
- A successful academic or work background indicating a demonstrated ability to absorb information, apply conceptual skills in practical applications, and achieve desired results in a highly technical, operating environment. Incumbent must effectively deal with the rapid technological and business change while maintaining enthusiasm and displaying sound judgment and common sense.
- Incumbent must be available for callouts and live within 20 miles of the facility located in Lexington, Kentucky. Incumbent is required to work varying amounts of overtime, and may need to occasionally travel with overnight stays.